Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cat vs the Bread Machine

Again, I don't bake breads. I have a love-hate relationship with our bread machine. I love it when Allen uses it. I hate it when I use it. Today I was determined not to let the machine beat the human. I was making a pizza dough crust. I added the ingredients in the recommended order, and hit the start button. Then my loving husband gently pointed out that since this is a dough, I use the dough cycle. My response, "There is a DOUGH CYCLE?"

Tonight features a pizza, half pesto sauce and half tomato sauce, with broiled eggplant which comes from our garden. The cheese is a trio of mozzarella, parmesan, and romano. All the basil used in the pesto came straight from our garden, and I made the pesto myself a few weekends ago, and froze 2 quart jars and 1 pint jar. The tomato sauce comes from a plastic pack from harris teeter. Don't act like you're not impressed.


The Dough Recipe:
1 cup water
2 TBSP water
2 TBSP olive oil
1 1/2 cup white flour
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 TSP sugar
1 TSP salt
2 1/2 TSP yeast
1 - 2 TSP Oregano/Italian herbs if desired

The Directions:
Place all ingredients in bread machine in order listed. Run on the dough cycle. NOTE THIS TAKES 90 MINUTES- much to my chagrin. When cycle is complete, roll it, toss it etc and prepare as desired. Bake at 400 F for 18 - 20 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment